ISPs typically assign routers with IP addresses such as 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.100.1. These numbers may vary depending on the router model. To access the router’s administration interface and make the necessary settings, you must determine its IP address. By accessing the router’s configuration page, you can modify the name and password of your network, as well as choose the channel for your Internet connection.
Some people may not know the IP address of their router. Perhaps I will simply forget over time. To make changes, it is important to identify the IP address of your router, which can be done using methods that depend on your operating system.
In the Windows context, the default gateway address is often used to refer to the IP address of your router. To help you discover the IP address of your router, in Windows, here are some steps you can follow;
1. Open the command prompt by entering “cmd” in the Run/Find box.
2. Once the command prompt appears, type “ipconfig”. Press enter.
Windows will now display a variety of information about your connections. It is important to locate the “Default Gateway”. In the Default Gateway box, you will find the IP address of your router.
If you are using Windows and need to find out the IP address of your router, there is another way you can try.
To access the Control Panel, simply click on its icon or type “control panel” in the Run/Find box.
Search for “Network and Internet”. Click on the link that says “View network status and tasks”.
3. Choose your network from the options provided.
4. A window with a Details icon will open automatically.
5. The IP address of your router can be found next to IPv4 Default Gateway.
Mac users can also easily find the IP address of the router. The IP address of your router is accessed with just a few mouse clicks. Here’s how to determine the IP address of your router if you have a Mac:
- Click on the Apple menu located in the navigation bar and then choose System Preferences.
- A dialog box for System Preferences will appear. Select the Network option.
- In the Network window, you must choose a network connection, either wired or wireless. Once you have made your selection, scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click on the Advanced button.
- When you reach the TCP/IP tab, you will find the IP address of your router under Router.
If you are using a Mac and want to know the IP address of your router, you can follow these steps using Terminal;
1. Open the Terminal by navigating to Applications > Utilities > Terminal.
2. Be sure to enter “netstat nr|grep default” accurately to execute the command correctly.
3. The IP address of your router is usually displayed next to it as the default setting.
Here are instructions for finding the IP address of your router when using an iOS smartphone;
Access the Wi Fi configuration, through the Configuration menu.
2. Make sure you have written down the name of your Wi Fi network (SSID).
3. You can find the IP address of your router in your router settings.
To find the IP address of your router, on your Android device follow these steps. Note that this method only applies to Android 5.0 or newer versions. In versions it was necessary to use software to obtain the IP address of the router.
Open the “Configuration” application. Navigate to “Networks and Internet”.
2. Search for the Wi Fi network you want to connect to and press and hold its name.
3. From the options that appear, select “Static” in the configuration.
4. The IP address of your router can be located in the Gateway section.
2. Type “ipconfig” in the window. Press enter.
You will see the IP address of your router listed below in addr.